Friday, July 25, 2008

Tag - You're It

Tag lines are one of my favorite things to work on. Discovering and capturing the essence of a company and condensing it into 2 or 3 worlds is a fascinating process. If you get it right, you start to receive these amazing phone calls from clients who want to tell you about how their tag line gave them a fresh perspective on some challenge in their business or just helped them get through a tough day. I live for that sh..! A great example is a project that I did for a super gal here in San Francisco. She has a moving company that handles relocation's of large estates and unique homes, aka, folks with lots of money. Her name is Breeze

Moving sucks! Everybody knows that and for most of us it's really just a matter of shunting our Pottery Barn and
Ikea collections from one place to another. Art installations and master closet remodels have never featured in my own moving experiences but they show up on a daily basis for Breeze. I get stressed out just thinking about it.

I spent some time working with her to understand how she felt about her business and the experience that she wanted to give to her clients. We came up with a new tag line... "Moving Gracefully". It spoke to the aspirations of her clients as well as how she navigates her way through all the crazy logistics that she has to deal with. She loves it and called me one day to tell me how about how she repeats it to herself when stuff goes wrong and stress starts to ramps up. I love that her tag line is a tool that she uses to improve her own experience of running her business.
Thats what a really good message should do.

My tag line is "Find Your Voice"
Thats what I help my clients do and it's what I try to do every day in my own life. Its my mantra - whats yours?

No comments: