Monday, July 21, 2008

WHO DOES THAT?

I left a career in strategy consulting to become a freelance writer..... who does that? On first glance it might appear that I gave myself a demotion or developed the type of delicate constitution that abhors the rough and tumble world of business. Not so! I believe that the ability to craft authentic, compelling and articulate copy that allows companies to respond to the shifting interpretation of value within today's marketplace is going to be one of the most sought after skills in business. Actually, I think it's going to be the next generation of change management to sweep through the corridors of corporate America. "Times they are a changin" notes Bob with his unfailing ability to clearly point out the obvious. So while consumers, you and me, remain the same and basically respond to a set of cultural codes that drive our behavior across multiple areas of our lives...... those codes have shifted and what is emerging is a new set of values that we want to be associated with through the way we consume. Check out my article on "The Conscious Consumer" to get a closer look at whats changing and what companies need to do to engage these folks.

No comments: